Our thoughts have everything to do with our life from how we manage difficult situations to how we cope with ordinary life challenges to the extent we keep our peace when faced with a crisis to how we handle mundane daily tasks.
Most of us do not realize:
- Our thoughts can make us powerful or pitiful.
- We have the power to choose our thoughts each day.
- We can choose thoughts that make us strong or thoughts that make us weak.
Below are 15 power thoughts to practice thinking each day.
- What’s the worst that can happen? And based on my experience, and NOT on my emotions, how likely is that to happen?
- A feeling of certainty is not the same as the truth.
- My feelings are not right or wrong, they just simply ARE.
- I am a unique person, and I have unique reactions.
- Only I can determine how I SHOULD feel in any given situation.
- Strong emotions happen for a reason and are an important source of information and direction for me.
- Strong feelings such as worry and anxiety are sometimes difficult, but are time-limited.
- Worry pretends to be necessary but serves no useful purpose.
- It will get easier each time I choose to think a more positive thought.
- I’m not going to let a mistake get in my way.
- I’m going to continue making progress towards my goals no matter what happens.
- Feeling I can’t do it is NOT the same as not being able to do it.
- I’m going to make it through stressful situations.
- It’s a sign of strength to ask for help in an effective way. Knowing when to ask for coaching is a skill in itself.
- Urges are a natural part of emotions and of being human. Having an urge (even a strong urge) does not mean that I have to DO anything at all.
+ The Ultimate Power Thought of All Time
“When God sends rain, rain is my choice.” – Riley
Contact me. If you would like to schedule coaching sessions to help improve your ability to manage your thoughts, please email me through my website.